The Ottawa Drowning Prevention Coalition sends support letter to Minister of Transport, Marc Garneau.
The ODPC has joined the many other private and public organizations that support making lifejackets/PFDs mandatory for children in recreational boating.
The ODPC has members consists of:
- Canadian Red Cross
- Ottawa Public Health
- Lifesaving Society Ontario
- Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa
- Dovercourt Recreation Centre
- Ottawa Recreation and Culture
- Accora Village
- Ottawa Paramedic Service
- Ottawa Police Service – Service de police d’Ottawa
- National Capital Commission
- Ville de Gatineau
- The Ottawa Hospital – L’Hôpital d’Ottawa
- Ontario Provincial Police – East Region
The ODPC mission is simple, Mission – To prevent the incidence of fatal and non-fatal drownings and other water-related injuries in the National Capital Region.
I big thank you to Chris Wagg, Chair and everyone at the OPDC!
For more information about the ODPC, visit their Facebook page at @OttawaDrowningPreventionCoalition